Mental Health Resources
Since early 2019, the University of Tennessee System Office of Academic Affairs and Student Success has engaged UT campus leadership in discussions about student mental health and well-being. This web page provides current information about strategic efforts across the System to address ongoing challenges with student mental health as well as resources to benefit UT faculty and staff who are seeking to increase their knowledge through training. Information will be updated as needed.
UT System Resources
2019 Academic and Student Affairs Summit
The theme of the 2019 Academic and Student Affairs Summit was Building a Unified and Supportive Mental Health Culture. Review the Summit Toolkit and event materials.
2020 Academic and Student Affairs Summit
Jordan Owens, a statewide training specialist with the Tennessee Sexual Assault Center, and Kayce Matthews, director of the Tennessee Coalition for Healthy and Safe Campus Communities (CHASCo) presented a session entitled Compassion Fatigue: Assessing the Well-being of our Faculty and Staff During COVID. View the presentation and access resources that were shared during the session.
OneUT Mental Health Task Force
The Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury submitted a Performance Audit to the University of Tennessee Board of Trustees in December 2019 that contained a detailed review of mental health services across the UT System. In response to the Performance Audit, and under the direction of President Randy Boyd, the Office of AA&SS established the OneUT Mental Health Task Force in March 2020, a group of mental health professionals and student affairs representatives from across the system charged with addressing the recommendations outlined in the report that pertain to mental health services. Read the Task Force report.
Connect to Mental Health and Wellness Resources at UT
UT Martin: Student Health & Counseling Services
Other Free Resources and Trainings
- Coalition for Healthy and Safe Campus Communities (CHASCo)
- The Columbia Lighthouse Project
- The Jason Foundation
- The JED Foundation
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network (TSPN)
- Zero Suicide in Health and Behavioral Health Care
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) through the US Department of Health & Human Services
- National Prevention Week Webinars: May 9-15, 2021
- Coalition for Healthy and Safe Campus Communities (CHASCo) and Tennessee Certification Board (TCB)
- Partners in Prevention Virtual Event: May 18-19, 2021